No matter how great your real estate marketing is, leads are useless without personal conversation. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to get leads to respond to your follow-up so you can start a dialogue.
With recent advancements in artificial intelligence (AI), you can now use powerful tools like ChatGPT to streamline your follow-up process and improve your communication with leads and clients.
When using ChatGPT to generate follow-up messaging, here are some strategies to increase response rates. We’ve also included some example text messages generated by ChatGPT that align with these strategies.
This messaging works because it uses open-ended questions. These nudge the lead to respond with their thoughts, needs, or questions, which can help you better understand how to help them and build a relationship of trust. Use open-ended questions in all your follow-up to not only increase response rates but also create a more personal conversation.
1. Personalize the message.
Prompt ChatGPT with information you already know about the lead. Personalized follow-up that addresses the specific needs and interests of the lead can make the message more engaging and increase the chances of a response.
- “Hi [Lead name], any questions about [Property or neighborhood]?”
- “Hello [Lead name], looking for any specific features in your next home?”
(Also learn how to create compelling property descriptions for your listings with AI and ChatGPT.)
2. Use conversational language.
You want your follow-up messages to sound natural and conversational, which can help to reduce the perception of sales pressure and make the lead feel more comfortable responding. ChatGPT can analyze your current messaging and suggest alternate wordings that don’t use formal or salesy language.
- “Hey [Lead name], any updates on your home search?”
- “Hi [Lead name], how can I assist you today?”
3. Offer value.
Incorporating helpful and informative content into follow-up messages can encourage leads to engage and respond. For example, you can use ChatGPT to create messages that offer tips for buying or selling a home or provide updates on local real estate market trends.
- “Hi [Lead name], found an interesting report on [Neighborhood or city]. Want me to send it your way?”
- “Hello [Lead name], came across an article about [Topic related to real estate]. Want me to share it with you?”
4. Provide options.
Giving leads the option to choose how they want to be contacted and how often can help to reduce the fear of being bothered constantly. Also, messaging people on their preferred channel makes it easier for them to respond. Prompt ChatGPT to create messages that offer different communication options, such as email, phone, or text, and allow leads to set their own preferences.
- “Hi [Lead name], prefer to communicate via text, email, or phone?”
- “Hey [Lead name], how often should I follow up with new listings? Daily, weekly, or monthly?”
5. Follow up at the right time.
The best time to send a follow-up message is when the lead is thinking about their real estate issue. ChatGPT can analyze a conversation history to help you determine the best time to follow up with leads based on your previous interactions. Also, IDX systems (like SuccessWebsite HDX) can track properties that potential buyers are looking at, giving you a chance to follow-up with specific knowledge of their interests.
- “Hi [Lead name], any questions about [Property] that you recently viewed on our website?”
- “Hello [Lead name], still interested in [Type of property or neighborhood]? Let me know if you’d like me to send you any new listings.”
To make sure you’re generating powerful content most efficiently, it can be helpful to work with an AI marketing expert. We can help you personalize, localize, and optimize your marketing for maximum impact. Transform your real estate business and stand out from your competition!
Start learning AI now!
AI and ChatGPT aren’t perfect, but they can help streamline your marketing efforts, saving you time and effort. Learn how to make the best use of them in our AI for Real Estate series!
In these articles, we’ll explore in detail how to use ChatGPT to:
- review and improve your lead follow-up and conversations;
- generate landing pages, listing descriptions, blog articles, and other website content quickly and easily;
- get better results from AI systems to produce powerful and engaging content;
- avoid the most common pitfalls of AI content generation;
- and much more!
Questions or Comments about AI for Real Estate?
Send us your queries, comments, and feedback. We’ll share everything we know and learn in future episodes of this series.
ChatGPT co-wrote this article, saving several hours in researching, drafting and editing.
Unlock the power of AI for your real estate marketing and transform your business.